Wednesday, 31 October 2012

VH Fire Danger notice

Following some nice respite with cooler conditions over the past days, we return to a VERY HIGH Fire Danger posted for tomorrow, Thursday.
All Permits suspended for 24 hours from midnight tonight.

Thursday, 25 October 2012

VH Fire Danger Friday

Very High Fire Danger posted for our area for Friday; all permits remain suspended for 24 hours.

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

VH Fire Danger

A VERY HIGH Fire Danger and TOBAN has been posted for Thursday 25th October. Needless to say all permits suspended for 24 hours from midnight tonight.

TOBAN Thursday

TOTAL FIRE BAN declared for our area for Thursday from midnight tonight for 24 hours.

Monday, 22 October 2012

Smoke in the area

A lot of smoke in the local area today; possibly from St Albans fire or even Kuringai given strength of winds currently. If you see a fire call triple-zero.

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Almost got home...

Just back at base at about to leave for home when another call-out had Bucketty 1 and same crew respond to bush alight on George Downes Drive.
Thanks to the quick response of Tuggerah Lakes Highway Patrol and alocal member calling it in we were on scene in minutes and stopped things before it had taken hold too far into the bush.
Most excellent team-work and suppression folks, really nice job.

Helter Skelter...

Much respect to Stan for getting us home safe from this one :)
Bucketty 1 was out to Payne's Crossing on property protection this afternoon with Wollombi 1A and Group 8. A nice afternoon tea on the verandah on a mountain side overlooking water-bombing ops followed by a helter-skelter drive out down hairpins like this - praise be to Stan ! Thanks also to DaveF, JohnM, Steve & Meredith for the turn-out and adventures.

Saturday, 20 October 2012

Sunday VERY HIGH Fire Danger

Some small relief tomorrow with a VERY HIGH fire danger posted. Permits still remain suspended.

Station Crew's stood down

Crews have now been stood down from Bucketty Station; much thanks to all the members for standing-by up here through the heat of the day.

Friday, 19 October 2012

RFS Fire Danger Information

Severe Fire Danger is forecast for our area tomorrow:

The NSW Rural Fire Service warns that any bush fire that starts has the potential to threaten lives and destroy homes.

The Rural Fire Service advises you to:

Check your bush fire survival plan - Now.
Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can: through www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.

The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:

If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it.

Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property - if in doubt, leave.

An SMS has NOT been issued for this alert.

TOBAN Saturday

SEVERE Fire Danger for Saturday and TOTAL FIRE BAN from midnight tonight. Brigade will have crew on standby at the station in the day.

Thursday, 18 October 2012

VH Fire Danger - Friday 19th

VERY HIGH fire danger posted for Friday 19th; all permits suspended from midnight Thursday for 24 hours.

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Rd 2 bushfire contained

Crews responded to bush alight Bucketty Road 2 this afternoon, now contained and being patrolled over the the next 24 hours.
Much thanks to all those who responded and got things under control so swiftly and effectively- Bucketty 1 & 9, SMSS 7E & 7C, Kulnura 1, Wollombi 1B, Laguna 7A, Grp6, Grp8 & Grp Support.Really top work folks thank you.

Monday, 15 October 2012

VH Fire danger for Tuesday

Who could pick the weather hey!
Snows at the weekend [OK so not in Bucketty] and now back to hot and windy.
VERY HIGH fire danger for Tuesday 16th, all permits suspended for 24 hours from midnight tonight.

Friday, 5 October 2012

Smoke in the area

Local smoke can be expected from fires being contained to the SE in Yarramalong/Ravensdale and NW in Howes Valley by RFS & NPWS firefighters.
Fire danger has been downgraded to HIGH for Saturday as weather change brings some cooler conditions and hopefully some respite for the crews out there.

Thursday, 4 October 2012

Very High Fire Danger for Friday

Another hot and windy day Friday means VERY HIGH fire danger has again been posted; all permits continue to be suspended for 24 hours from midnight Thursday.

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Very High fire danger

Very High Fire Danger posted for Thursday 4th. All permits suspended from midnight Wednesday for 24 hours